Download the Manchester Workshop Poster
Download the Manchester Workshop Programme
The workshop addressed the following questions
· How is childhood defined and understood in the Arab world and how have Arab children’s entertainment and information needs been articulated by industry and policy-makers at home?
· What do Arab children know about the world from the screen content available to them on pan-Arab outlets and online? Where are the gaps?
· What are the shared information and entertainment needs, wants and experiences of young refugee and migrant children in Europe and their European-born peers? How can this knowledge be used to reach out to children and reflect diversity?
· Why are children’s voices and media rights fundamental to children’s future participation as citizens in new environments?
· What type of practical screen content policy and production recommendations are best for promoting social engagement among children and families who may be experiencing homesickness and disorientation?